Monday, March 2, 2009

My mom! I miss you…

It seems the title of this post is not related to the education, but I will explain my feeling:
During last week class, Dr.Zaidatun asked us to consider an article: Evaluation of websites for older Adults: How "Senior-Friendly" Are they? It was about the main factors to design a website for older users. I faced new factors about designing website for old people which I never thought about them. Text size, text weight, line spacing, textual links and usability are some important factors for older people. They also need to have an enlarged and highly contrasted text. Moreover consistency is another factor which the older adults pay attention to it.
When we discussed about people in our parent age, their needs and their demands, I felt a strange feeling. That time -Wednesday, 25th of February – was the exact date in last year that I left my country to Malaysia to continue my studies. One year! It’s not easy. I feel an unusual homesickness.

1 comments:

Zaida said...

I understand your feeling Homa... I felt the same way... when I pursued my master degree at US... I missed my parents also at that time...